none
does the v1 sensor work with the v2 SDK [with limited capabilities] RRS feed

• Question

• with all the new dev tools in the v2 sdk, i am excited to get to work on my project. but i have a v1 sensor. will i still be able to write software for my v1 sensor with the v2 SDK? understanding of course that some of the capabilities of the v2 sensor are unavailable to me.
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:01 PM

Answers

• No. The v1 sensor will not work with the v2 SDK. The v2 Sensor is physically different, receives more data, utilizes usb 3.0, and the overall functionality is different. Thus the SDK for v2 is written based on things like Time of Flight - TOF for infrared, and HD Web camera support and it will not work on the v1 sensor.

You can still use the v1 sensor and v1 sdk in conjunction /side by side with v2 and v2 SDK.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:15 PM
  • v2.0 SDK work only with Kinect for Windows v2
    v1.8 SDK work only with Kinect for Windows (v1)
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:43 PM

All replies

• No. The v1 sensor will not work with the v2 SDK. The v2 Sensor is physically different, receives more data, utilizes usb 3.0, and the overall functionality is different. Thus the SDK for v2 is written based on things like Time of Flight - TOF for infrared, and HD Web camera support and it will not work on the v1 sensor.

You can still use the v1 sensor and v1 sdk in conjunction /side by side with v2 and v2 SDK.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:15 PM
  • v2.0 SDK work only with Kinect for Windows v2
    v1.8 SDK work only with Kinect for Windows (v1)
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:43 PM