none
devcon requires reboot to disable device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a BUS driver which exposes HID devices. And also a miniport HID driver that connects to the PDOs the bus exposes.

If my bus device is disabled and I enable and disable it immediately using devcon I get the message: "Disabled on reboot The 1 device(s) are ready to be disabled. To disable the devices, restart the devices or reboot the system"

If I put a delay between the enable and disable commands this issue doesn't occur.

I can see with trace view that my EvtDeviceD0Exit event is not being called on disable (for both miniport devices and BUS device) .

I looked in setapi log and see the following error which seems the same:"!    dvi:                Device required reboot: Could not disable device for hardware profile."

Not clear to me what is going wrong? what could cause the system to reject the disable request? Any idea how I can proceed with debugging?

Thanks,

Daniel

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:33 AM

All replies

• anything else in the log? typically this happens b/c someone in the stack fails a query remove. if you are enumerating a hid keyboard, the keyboard class driver may fail the remove to prevent the machine from not having a keyboard

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:53 AM