none
call HTTP web service getting System.ApplicationException: HTTP 500 sharepoint 2013 designer RRS feed

• Question

• i  have designed a SPD 2013 workflow. where i am reading list item by call HTTP web service.  i am getting System.ApplicationException: HTTP 500 sharepoint 2013 designer error.

though i am able use Call HTTP web service to other service like http://services.odata.org/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Customers.

Note : i am getting Request Status as OK

Error details:

RequestorId: e29dc009-ac32-c732-eccd-91a01a59eb4f. Details: System.ApplicationException: HTTP 500 {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore":["0"],"SPClientServiceRequestDuration":["36"],"SPRequestGuid":["e29dc009-ac32-c732-eccd-91a01a59eb4f"],"request-id":["e29dc009-ac32-c732-eccd-91a01a59eb4f"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":["15.0.0.4420"],"X-Content-Type-Options":["nosniff"],"X-MS-InvokeApp":["1; RequireReadOnly"],"Cache-Control":["max-age=0, private"],"Date":["Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:31:43 GMT"],"Server":["Microsoft-IIS\/8.0"],"X-AspNet-Version":["4.0.30319"],"X-Powered-By":["ASP.NET"]} at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) 

Thanks and Regards

Er.Pradipta Nayak
    Visit my Blog
    Xchanging

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Pradipta,

Thanks for posting your issue, The Workflow 2013 will not work with users who are granted permission through AD groups, SharePoint groups only. In groups of sharepoint you must give permission to each user. Or, you can give permission to the direct user in the list or site.

I hope this is helpful to you, mark it as Helpful. If this works, Please mark it as Answered.

Regards,

Dharmendra Singh (MCPD-EA | MCTS)

Blog : http://sharepoint-community.net/profile/DharmendraSingh

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:56 PM
  • thanks Dharmendra,

i am using sharepoint users only. And another Rest service from http://services.odata.org/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Customers able call sucessfully . is there any issue associated with it ? my user profile service running fine also .

Thanks and Regards

Er.Pradipta Nayak
    Visit my Blog
    Xchanging

Friday, October 24, 2014 3:03 PM
  • thanks Dharmendra,

now i got the reason. I was inserting the Response JSON to Log. which was causing the problem. then i send through email for viewing the result.

Thanks and Regards

Er.Pradipta Nayak
    Visit my Blog
    Xchanging

• Proposed as answer by SuperEasy Friday, April 10, 2015 4:05 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Thanks Pradipa.  I also had the same error when Log length more than 248 charactors in SharePoint 2013 workflow using Visual Studio 2013.  I cut short the length of the Log and workflow 2013 worked!!

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:13 PM
  • thanks that was my mistake too, logging Response JSON 

AndreCB

Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:27 PM
  • Thanks Pradipta. I made the same mistake as you and other guys.
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 8:20 AM
  • @Paradipta, I was struggling to resolve the same issue, but did not find any luck. Now my problem get resolved by removing the Requests and Responses Headers and Data from the logging.

Thanks for sharing your observation.

Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:16 AM
  • This question is such common that I want to suggest any other outsource service to implement creative functions into a project. This [url=https://gapsystudio.com/service/]creative design services[/url] is a good thing to collaborate with. 
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:08 AM