Godaddy question RRS feed

• Question

• User240536124 posted

Spent all day on this and thought maybe someone could help.

Mysql.data.dll in a medium trust environment. Doesn't work. Hours and hours later, I compile Mysql.data.dll to run in a medium trust environment. Actually runs locally. Upload to godaddy. Error message changes to: Strong name signature could not be verified.  

Hours and hours later, I'm on here. Can someone with more experience answer me this:

Waste more time with Mysql.data.dll and maybe get it signed somehow???   Or fix the Strong Name error another way?

OR

Throw in the towel on this! I'm going to say, I don't understand if I should be trying to use ado.net or odbc drivers. Everyone says to use ado.net over odbc. The first thing I find on this is to use ado.net on godaddy...by referencing mysql.data.dll file. Ahhhhh crap. I've already wasted an entire day on trying to reference mysql.data.dll.

Am I stuck using odbc drivers???

Much appreciate the best way to move forward.

Thanks,

Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:19 AM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi jay8anks,

According to the Godaddy article:

What trust level can I use when running ASP.NET?

The default trust level on your account depends on the version of ASP.NET you are currently using (more info).

ASP.NET 1.1
    If you are using ASP.NET 1.1 on your Windows shared hosting account, you have 'full trust' on the server.
    ASP.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5
    If you're using .NET runtime environment 2.0, you have 'medium trust' on the server.
    ASP.NET 4.0/4.5
    If you're using .NET runtime environment 4.0, you have 'web full trust' on the server.

If you used the ASP.NET 4.0/4.5, we could use add Full Trust in our Web.Config.

I suggest you could firstly check you have use the right net version as same as the local-side.

Besides, I suggest you could post the details information about the error message , the Mysql data version and the asp.net version.

If you could provide more details information, it will be more easily for us to find the reason.

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:47 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi jay8anks,

According to the Godaddy article:

What trust level can I use when running ASP.NET?

The default trust level on your account depends on the version of ASP.NET you are currently using (more info).

ASP.NET 1.1
    If you are using ASP.NET 1.1 on your Windows shared hosting account, you have 'full trust' on the server.
    ASP.NET 2.0/3.0/3.5
    If you're using .NET runtime environment 2.0, you have 'medium trust' on the server.
    ASP.NET 4.0/4.5
    If you're using .NET runtime environment 4.0, you have 'web full trust' on the server.

If you used the ASP.NET 4.0/4.5, we could use add Full Trust in our Web.Config.

I suggest you could firstly check you have use the right net version as same as the local-side.

Besides, I suggest you could post the details information about the error message , the Mysql data version and the asp.net version.

If you could provide more details information, it will be more easily for us to find the reason.

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 21, 2018 2:47 AM
  • User240536124 posted

OK. I did originally try that and got the errors that prompted this post. However, I took a deep breath and carefully tried it again. It worked. I am now able to work locally on my pc and remotely on godaddy both using Mysql.Data.dll and no errors.

I think part of the problem is that there is a lot of outdated help on this issue on godaddy. Even some of godaddy's own help documentation contradicts itself on some points.

But anyway, thank you. I had swapped to the odbc driver and I think the mysqlclient is a much better solution.

Thanks again,

Monday, May 21, 2018 3:57 PM