Adding dev tools to standard Win 8 installation

Question

• Hey all!

So I had trouble downloading the version of Windows 8 preview with the tools, so instead I went with the standard 64x install without the dev tools (I'm out od Dual-Layer DVD-Rs :-/).  Aside from downloading the Visual Studio 11 preview, what other downloads can I use to make sure I have all of the tools in the developer preview packaged with tools.

Thanks!

Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:58 PM

Answers

• To build Metro style apps, you do need to download the Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64) image - that is the only image which contains everything needed to build Metro style apps.

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:28 PM

All replies

• The new TFS client and server are available on MSDN, I am not sure if these are available on the public download site or not.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, September 19, 2011 6:19 PM
  • To build Metro style apps, you do need to download the Windows Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64) image - that is the only image which contains everything needed to build Metro style apps.

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:28 PM