Does Visual C++ is use full now ? what is the importance of VC++ in 2014? RRS feed

• Question

• i am planning to study WinSock application from the book "network programming for microsoft windows 2nd edition".

i saw many articles which most of them are written during 2004-2006.

am dealing with "Completion port model". Since the book is old and the articles are also old,

1) does Completion port model is still scalable?

Now c#, java the most famous languges. a lots of recruitments are in this field. So my questions are,

2) What is the use to study VC++?

3) Does anyone still use VC++? Who?

4) Where can i get jobs in VC++?

5) Does any new books are available ? 

can anyone give me the Importance of VC++?

Sunday, October 26, 2014 4:31 PM

Answers

• C++ is a widely used language today.

There are several domains in which C++ excels.

For example, if you want to build cross-platform mobile applications, you can build the core of the application in C++, and then use platform-specific technologies (e.g. Cocoa/Objective-C for iOS, Java for Android) for the UI part of the application.

There are some sessions available online for free on YouTube from CppCon 2014 on this subject.

Moreover, on Windows, if you want to build system-level components like shell extensions, C++ is the best tool for the job.

About getting C++ jobs, I think there are several options inside corporations like Google and Microsoft (that uses C++ a lot, from Windows, to Office, to MSVC++, etc.).

There are also several opportunities for C++ development in the Linux world, usually with Qt as a GUI platform.

Giovanni

• Marked as answer by mrCracker Monday, October 27, 2014 1:59 PM
    Monday, October 27, 2014 11:40 AM

All replies

• i am planning to study WinSock application from the book "network programming for microsoft windows 2nd edition".

i saw many articles which most of them are written during 2004-2006.

am dealing with "Completion port model". Since the book is old and the articles are also old,

1) does Completion port model is still scalable?

Now c#, java the most famous languges. a lots of recruitments are in this field. So my questions are,

2) What is the use to study VC++?

3) Does anyone still use VC++? Who?

4) Where can i get jobs in VC++?

5) Does any new books are available ? 

can anyone give me the Importance of VC++?

As far as I know, you could use VC++ in some areas like Operating system programming, game programming, Digital image processing, Com programming, Network programming. The most important thing is understand the thinking of VC++ programming.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 27, 2014 8:37 AM
  • C++ is a widely used language today.

There are several domains in which C++ excels.

For example, if you want to build cross-platform mobile applications, you can build the core of the application in C++, and then use platform-specific technologies (e.g. Cocoa/Objective-C for iOS, Java for Android) for the UI part of the application.

There are some sessions available online for free on YouTube from CppCon 2014 on this subject.

Moreover, on Windows, if you want to build system-level components like shell extensions, C++ is the best tool for the job.

About getting C++ jobs, I think there are several options inside corporations like Google and Microsoft (that uses C++ a lot, from Windows, to Office, to MSVC++, etc.).

There are also several opportunities for C++ development in the Linux world, usually with Qt as a GUI platform.

Giovanni

• Marked as answer by mrCracker Monday, October 27, 2014 1:59 PM
    Monday, October 27, 2014 11:40 AM