MDS2012 - Custom Workflow, Validation Status & Message RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with MDS2012.
    I have created a custom workflow (c# assembly) to validate members of a specific entity.
    How can I set the validation status to failed, and specify a message related to that validation ?

Friday, April 13, 2012 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Guillaume,

I'm not 100% sure about this but from what I've seen, your workflow code would have to write back to MDS using its web services API and change the member attributes via code to reflect the workflow outcome. But let me know if you find out otherwise!

http://www.henryong.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:57 PM
  • As of now Business Rules send Email Notifications when they have a Validation Action (and it fails)

So as Henry Suggested, one way would be to have a separate attribute that has the Workflow result and have a Business Rule that monitors change to the Result Attribute and Has an Action according to the Outcome

Ex: of BR could be

Attribute: WorkflowResult

Condition

WorkflowResult Changed

Action

WorkflowResult must be Success

So whenever your workflow fails it can update Value of WorkFlowResult attribute to Fail

Hari (Microsoft)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Guillaume,

I'm not 100% sure about this but from what I've seen, your workflow code would have to write back to MDS using its web services API and change the member attributes via code to reflect the workflow outcome. But let me know if you find out otherwise!

http://www.henryong.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 11:57 PM
  • As of now Business Rules send Email Notifications when they have a Validation Action (and it fails)

So as Henry Suggested, one way would be to have a separate attribute that has the Workflow result and have a Business Rule that monitors change to the Result Attribute and Has an Action according to the Outcome

Ex: of BR could be

Attribute: WorkflowResult

Condition

WorkflowResult Changed

Action

WorkflowResult must be Success

So whenever your workflow fails it can update Value of WorkFlowResult attribute to Fail

Hari (Microsoft)

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:54 PM