Cannot get Silverlight to work after update 2018 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I think my computer recently did an update at night. I had a program using Silverlight open at the time. The next day, I went to the program and it would not load (white screen). I tried uninstalling Silverlight & reinstalling using IE11 (I am using Windows 10). I tried doing a restore to before the update took place. I have tried the 'fixit' to fix a corrupt installation, 'downloader' to help with uninstalling programs that might have registry problems. All act like they are uninstalling the program (and I do not see evidence of it in the program files or registry <-- only looked at registry using other help forums, definitely not an expert!). Then, I go to the install page, and Silverlight acts like it installs, but I open the "http://.." info for my program and white screen again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:03 PM

All replies

• To automatically uninstall Microsoft Silverlight, click the button in the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather verify and update these keys yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:13 AM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 2:13 AM