having tabs like metro internet explorer?

Question

• I'm sorry, I can't seem to find any documentation on how to create new tabs like metro IE. Is there such a control like metro IE?
    Monday, March 24, 2014 12:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no built-in control in windows store app. But you can use MenuFlyout control to create the style of tabs. You can refer to the link below to get more information about MenuFlyout :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn308516.aspx

And see XAML Flyout and MenuFlyout sample.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:32 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry, I can't seem to find any documentation on how to create new tabs like metro IE. Is there such a control like metro IE?

It doesn't look like there is such a control for it. If I recall correctly Telerik has a control for it, anyway.

Else you can write it "by hand", even if it might take some time.

Monday, March 24, 2014 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

There is no built-in control in windows store app. But you can use MenuFlyout control to create the style of tabs. You can refer to the link below to get more information about MenuFlyout :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn308516.aspx

And see XAML Flyout and MenuFlyout sample.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:32 AM