Migration of BizTalk server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to migrate Biztalk 2016 server running on my local machine to remote server with all the settings and applications. I am trying to implement using BizTalk migration tool provided by Microsoft.

Would appreciate if provided a sample demo on this application/tool or any other implementation. Thanks in advance. 

Friday, September 21, 2018 11:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

BizTalk Server Migration Tool (Refer Link#1)

You can refer the documentation provided by Microsoft Team about Step-by-Step to do BizTalk Migration(Refer Link#2)

Link#1 https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/biztalk_server_team_blog/2017/06/28/announcing-biztalk-server-migration-tool/

Link#2 https://1drv.ms/w/s!ArAuxhUkaVzpbfAivQfWRaeRun4

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:07 AM
  • Hi 

Export MSIs, bindings, SSO config and any other dependencies(like BAM, certificates, etc.).
    Plan and think through all your app dependencies, and once deployed in new server, it would be ideal to run some smoke tests if possible.

Thanks Arindam

• Proposed as answer by - Anand - Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:37 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 1:21 AM
  • NEVER heard of someone using this migration tool.

Its better to follow what Arindham said (export your msi's) or you can use any deployment framework to deploy the applications in the new remote server

Thanks

Anand

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:42 AM
  • Hi,

BizTalk Migration Tool which was Provided is basically a Lift and Shift Migration Tool.

if you are moving from BizTalk 2013 to 2016, You can just Export all the BizTalk Applications,Websites, Folders etc and then import back in your 2016 VM.

It will not depend on any Code.

The above Links can help you to Check what all the features it can Migrate into your New Server.

I think the Source code of this tool is available on GITHUB as well

Sujith

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 5:34 AM