none
[EWS] Retrieving named property from calendar event RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use EWS to obtain named property 0x8580 (InetAcctName). I've tried various versions of ExtendedFieldURI but I either get an error about an invalid request, or nothing is returned. For example:

<t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="Common" PropertyId="0x8580" PropertyType="String" />

or

<t:ExtendedFieldURI PropertySetId="00062008-0000-0000-C000-000000000046" PropertyId="0x8580" PropertyType="String"/>

Can anybody clue me in on how to obtain this property?

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:49 AM

All replies

• Its not a Server property https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee202850(v=exchg.80).aspx its a Mail provider property in the case of Outlook you would see the AccountName and profile information from the current profile your connecting with (eg different outlook clients looking at the same object would give different values). What are trying to use this for ? if you want to know the account that created an Appointment then PR_CREATOR would be more appropriate.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:07 AM
  • I'm trying to obtain the email address of the delegate who created the calendar entry (in Office 365 OWA).  There is no PR_CREATOR property.  There is a PR_CreatorSimpleDispName which I can get, but is not what I need.  There is a PR_CreatorEmailAddr which sounds promising but the value I get is

/O=EXCHANGELABS/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=8A02C5B9284948A69D8293846BCCCBE0-JSNUFFY

not the internet address.  The property I need is sitting right there in named property ID x8580 but I can't get it with EWS.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:31 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Glen, you must be careful not all properties are available if you create objects from OWA vs Outlook.

Outlook can add properties (and some are not documented), Calendaring Assistant can add others.

I think that the PidTagSenderEmailAddress property could do the trick.

Regards,

Désiré GOVIN Refresh IT Solutions

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 7:33 AM
  • What would the correct syntax for ExtendedFieldURI be?  I have tried:

<t:ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="Common" PropertyName="PidTagSenderEmailAddress" PropertyType="String" 

This does not cause an error but has no results returned.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:37 PM
  • >> /O=EXCHANGELABS/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=8A02C5B9284948A69D8293846BCCCBE0-JSNUFFY

is the EX (X500) address which is normally what you would see if its an Internal Address you can take that address and use resolveName https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa563518(v=exchg.150).aspx which will return the SMTP Address for that.

PidTagSenderEmailAddress is a tagged property

<t:ExtendedFieldURI PropertyTag="0x0C1F" PropertyType="String"/>

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:48 AM