none
Application Timeout BUT ... hitting back button shows that data WAS retrieved RRS feed

• Question

• One of my developers are getting a connection timeout.

I have checked the query accessing the view and by executing a SELECT * from the view, it takes roughly 2 seconds to pull the record set. Using the correct method, that being a WHERE clause and SELECTing only the needed columns, we can see that the result set comes back in less than a second.

So ... when the application send the query to SQL Server, we get the error below.

BUT, if he hits the BACK button, the data is there and the application proceeds as if there were no error.

Here is the error:

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

2007-11-05 09:37:05,935 [25] ERROR Affini.Area5.Presentation.Global [69.123.81.32|2r2vhwic025blqi5nw3hm145||Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gtteo/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9] - System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

What can we start looking at to figure this error.

(And sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum ... please let me know if I should post elsewhere and then what forum would be suitable).

Thanks ALL!

Monday, November 5, 2007 4:56 PM