Install Error - Microsoft Azure Backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, the Agent Azure Backup was uninstalled in one Windows server 2008 R2, but then attempt to reinstall , but present this error:

Please, someone who knows the solution of this problem.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jvalla,

Thank you for reaching out to us.I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request. I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest. Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Meanwhile i have found a similar kind of post which talks about the same issue.

Error : Failed to install Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent. Problem : 1603:Fatal error during installation

Regards.

• Proposed as answer by Shreya Hajela Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Asha99 Wednesday, August 19, 2015 7:38 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 5:54 AM
  • Hi Jvalla,

The error 1603 refers to windows installer error and seems that permission denied to a folder where this .exe is getting installed. Please check the verbose/error logs for details. Suggest you to provide enough permissions to the folder where it is being installed.

Error 1603 occurs if any one of the following conditions is true:

• The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.
    • The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.
    • The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to.

If this doesn't help, you may have to create the VM again as there could be some issue with VM which is deployed.

Hope this helps you.

Girish Prajwal

Sunday, August 16, 2015 5:28 PM