none
Variation in number of test cases for Unclassified Submission over Windows 7 x64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am testing my usb device driver under 'Unclassified Submission' over Windows 7 x64 bit OS and using WLK 1.6.

At first, I have created 'New Submission' for my device driver and 'Device Console' window was showing only 'Driver Reliability' part with 10 test cases.

After scheduling and testing all those test cases, 'Run INF Test Against Single INF' was failing couple of times. So, I closed and opened DTM Studio. Selected my submission and what a strange . . . !!!

Submission was showing two parts : USB_Connectivity and Driver Reliability with 16 test cases !! What is this USB_Connectivity? 

Please someone help me, why it is happning? And, What is the actual count of test cases for driver reliability?

Regards,

Nilam

Thursday, October 4, 2012 11:19 AM

Answers

• The new set of tests listed is likely the full (and the correct) test list.

In WLK 1.6 the test in a submission are determined based on the HW data currently reported for the device (and/or system).  This data will be updated if the system configuration changes.  If that data changes the test list may also be changed to match the HW.

On loading device console this HW data is cached.

What can happen, is when device console was loaded the HW data wasn't fully returned from the test system yet.  Since the data wasn't complete, an incomplete set of tests was listed.  When you closed and reloaded device console, the full set of HW data was available, so the test list was updated to match the full set of HW data.

This issue has been corrected in the HCK.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, October 5, 2012 6:40 PM

All replies

• The new set of tests listed is likely the full (and the correct) test list.

In WLK 1.6 the test in a submission are determined based on the HW data currently reported for the device (and/or system).  This data will be updated if the system configuration changes.  If that data changes the test list may also be changed to match the HW.

On loading device console this HW data is cached.

What can happen, is when device console was loaded the HW data wasn't fully returned from the test system yet.  Since the data wasn't complete, an incomplete set of tests was listed.  When you closed and reloaded device console, the full set of HW data was available, so the test list was updated to match the full set of HW data.

This issue has been corrected in the HCK.

Paul - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, October 5, 2012 6:40 PM
  • There is no fixed time to get the tests loaded completely.We have observed that there is no certain method by which we can load the full test cases.We have tried refreshing and creating new submissions.

1. Is there any way we can refresh the list of populated test cases or add the cases in submission package we want to submit?

2.If we go with the populated test cases and submit to Microsoft ,will it create any problem in future ?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:20 AM
  • To be sure that the most recent device data is used, I'd suggest:

1) Close WLK studio

2) Rebooting the client system

3) Wait for client to finish rebooting, and logon. (after logon, the system which gets device data is run).

4) Start WLK studio, and open Device Console.

5) Load your submission.

I can't really speak to 2. as I do not work on the submissions.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:24 PM