Publish to Sharepoint with Expression Blend Sketchflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Expression Blend 4 SP1.  The Application is a Silverlight C# Sketchflow project.

This may make for sense if you have used Blend before but here are the steps.  This is a Silverlight Blend Sketchflow application.

1. After creating Blend Sketchflow application I publish to a Sharepoint 2010 Document Library. For the this example I published to a folder called "Current"
    2. I go to the Library and open the just published application
    3. I create feedback and then use the "Upload to Sharepoint" option which works fine.
    4. I rename the "Current" folder to something else like "Previous".
    5. I then open the same application from the just renamed folder.
    6. I then create feedback and attempt to use the "Upload to Sharepoint" option again and I get the following error:  "Sketchflow was unable to upload feedback to the Sharepoint site.  The remote server returned an error: NotFound"

My goal is to always have the most current application in a folder called "Current" for the users to review.  Blend wants to always place it in a folder with the version number and I haven't found a way to override that.  This forces we to either move the files or rename the folder but that is when I get the error above.

It seems like the path to the feedback folder is "hardcoded" somewhere so it breaks when I move or rename it.  Is there a way to change the path after it is published or possibly prevent the version number from getting added in the first place?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:46 PM

All replies

• I don't have the details in front of me, but I think the path may be in the sketch.flow file included in the project, when you change the path, it might need to be changed in that file within the published files as well.

As you have seen, moving things into a different folder structure is not well supported.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:13 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Chuck.

You are correct the path is in the sketch.flow file but that doesn't get copied into the published folder or into the xap file.  I've tried playing with the various build actions to get the file to show in the folder but everytime I get it to show the application then doesn't work at all.

Ideally I would love the feedback folder to always be relative to location of the application itself but this may be something I just need to live with unless you have any other ideas.

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:29 PM
  • I believe it gets compiled into the .dll as a resource.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:54 PM