Copy On Prem to Azure Data Lake with a Stage RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking to copy data from On Prem to our Azure Data Lake Gen 1.  I didn't want to open up the firewall directly to the data lake, so I thought using the staging feature would work the best.

When I try to stage the files to a blob store, I get this error for copying to the azure data lake.

ErrorCode=UserErrorInvalidCopyBehaviorBlobNameNotAllowedWithPreserveOrFlattenHierarchy,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Cannot adopt copy behavior NotSpecified when copying from folder to a single file.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary,'

Thanx, Adam

Friday, January 18, 2019 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

I suggest you, refer the Troubleshoot Data Factory issues and see if it helps to identify the issue.

Also, check Staged copy configuration and File system as sink if you are copying data to file system.

Monday, January 21, 2019 12:17 PM
  • Trouble shooting guide doesn't help.

File System as Sink for stage?  I can only select an azure blob as a staging source.

I cannot set binary copy in the destination dataset because the source dataset is a table?

Thanx, Adam

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 12:00 AM
  • Hi ! I'm facing the same issue. Did you manage to find a solution ?

Thanks,

Jaya

Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Hi Jaya,

Can you open a new thread with details on your issue please ? Doing so, would have more visibility across the community which will help in faster resolution.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 9:55 AM