none
USB 3.0 Slot Issue || URGENT HELP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team Kinect,

I bought a new motherboard(Asus M5A97 LE R2.0), which has Best USB 3.0 slot.

But still i am not able to get my kinect connect to it. I get error of "USB 3.0 port not detected" in kinect configuration verifier app. I replaced my kinect for xbox twice. Changed my motherboard, processor but still i get sound of plugging in and out when i connect it to usb 3.0 slot. Is there any issue with Kinect for windoes adapter?

Below is my PC configuration:
    1. Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 (motherboard)
    2. nvidia gtx 750 ti boost (graphic card)
    3. Corsair 16 GB ddr3 graphic card
    4. AMD Fx 8350 (Processor)

Thanks

Friday, September 4, 2015 7:44 AM

All replies

• What version of windows are you using?

Win8 is a minimum requirement, something about the USB3 stack being rewritten from earlier version...

Friday, September 4, 2015 8:30 AM
  • What version of windows are you using?

Win8 is a minimum requirement, something about the USB3 stack being rewritten from earlier version...

@Phil Noonan I am using Windows 10.
    Friday, September 4, 2015 9:56 AM
  • The ASUS motherboard has an ASUS (ASMedia) USB 3.0 controller. Only Intel and Renesas/NEC USB controllers are officially supported. ASMedia controllers are known to cause trouble.

You're best option is to get an USB 3.0 extension card with Intel or Renesas controller.

Friday, September 4, 2015 10:12 AM
  • Have you installed the recommended drivers by Asus for that motherboard?
    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97/HelpDesk_Download/

If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the USB 3.0 drivers and restarting the computer so that Windows installs its recommended driver.

Also try to install the Kinect SDK v2 and see if that changes things.
    • Edited by Yanis Lukes Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:34 PM
    Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:33 PM