none
Visual Studio 2019 Community and TFS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed Visual Studio 2019 Community on my new PC and want to connect to out local TFS 2015 server. I cannot find a way to do this. The only options I see are for connecting to AzureDevOps or Git. Is there something else I need to install? Thanks
    Friday, May 17, 2019 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi bdrogers1,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, we can click ‘Add Azure DevOps Server’ and enter server URL to connect the TFS (Azure DevOps Server) like the following screenshot:

For better support of the Azure DevOps Server (TFS), please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by bdrogers1 Monday, May 20, 2019 4:23 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2019 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi bdrogers1,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, we can click ‘Add Azure DevOps Server’ and enter server URL to connect the TFS (Azure DevOps Server) like the following screenshot:

For better support of the Azure DevOps Server (TFS), please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by bdrogers1 Monday, May 20, 2019 4:23 PM
    Monday, May 20, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Sara,

Thanks. This worked. I was entering in the wrong URL of our local server.

Barry

Monday, May 20, 2019 4:22 PM
  • Hi Barry,

We are so glad to hear that your issue is solved and thanks for your confirmation.

If you have any other issues in the future, please feel free to let us know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Sara

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:35 AM