none
Creating a Table of Contents in a Report.rdlc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm using VB 2005, WinForms. I have a "Master Report" with multiple SubReports within it. I would like to create a  Table of Contents for my Master Report outlining each of my SubReports.  I'd also like for the Table of Contents to show page numbers of where each SubReport begins.

Is there a way to do that with a .rdlc report?

Thanks for your assistance,
    Fulano

Monday, July 13, 2009 12:37 AM

All replies

• OK, I found somewhat of a workaround. I was able to set up a series of Textboxes at the top of my report and can set their visibility property programmatically. I know how many SubReports sections I can have (the max), and I simply turn the textboxes on or off for each, which creates somewhat of a Table of Contents effect. -- I can live with that.  :|

However, here's my last issue with this...is there a way to calculate page numbering for a report once it's Exported to PDF? If I can find a way to do that (which I don't think it can be done in this scenario unless you're a super human programmer), I think I may be able to figure out the code to determine where each SubReport begins and ends.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Fulano
    Monday, July 13, 2009 10:45 PM
  • http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/de4e5d7b-7e8c-46ed-a18a-e5f70969c813/ this is the only solution that I've come across but the overhead is massive. I'm also stuck with the ability to show page numbers in TOC. Let me know if you come across a solution for this.

Regards.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 11:09 AM
  • Hi Rageit,

Unfortunately, he doesn't explain how he really does that. I've been working on this for over a month now and can tell you that its an exercise in futility. However, take a look at this post and maybe Lisa (the blog owner) will come up with a solution soon. Add a comment to her blog to let her know you're also interested. BTW, she has a GREAT blog.

http://spacefold.com/lisa/category/Reporting.aspx

Thanks,
    Fulano
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:19 PM
  • Hi Mr. Fulano,

Lisa certainly has an impressively passionate and great blog and I will certainly be waiting for a solution for this problem. My requirement is an exact replica of yours as posted in her blog.

Regards.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 9:08 AM