Using C++ to access SICK LRF RRS feed

• Question

• I only recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2005 and started playing around with Robotics Studio, so I apologize if this seems a little basic, but I'm having trouble doing anything with my simulated robot in C++.  Please don't suggest that I change languages, as I need C++ for other reasons and don't want to work in multiple languages.

Awhile back, someone posted a snippet of code demonstrating a basic program in C++ for running a Pioneer-3DXE (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2404614&SiteID=1).  This was a great start, as in combination with the sample code, I could get my robot to move around the screen. 

I'm stuck now, however, at the next step... polling the laser range finder.  I know from experience that there should be an array of numbers coming off the sensor at regular intervals, but I cannot figure out the syntax for accessing it.  How can I access all 180 (or was it 179) numbers in that array?  Are there any examples, or better documentation for accessing that class in C++?

In general, is there documentation available for any more of the classes (services?) in the samples\Config directory?  Perhaps experienced coders can get all they need from the Object Browser in Visual Studio, but without more examples I'm not sure of how to make use of that information.

Thanks!!

Eric

Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:49 PM

Answers