Development on Mac OS X RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to do Silverlight development on Mac OS X? Are there development tools? If not, will there be?

Thanks, Mike 

Friday, October 5, 2007 12:44 PM

Answers

• Currently the only way to do this is using a text editor and a JScript debugger (for 1.0) and no way to do it with 1.1 yet (Moonlight might be an answer here eventually). I don't know the roadmap but I doubt that MS would invest in Mac-based dev tools but you never know.  THe tools coming out of the community can be quite good but Develop# is as close as it gets right now and it does not yet support Moonlight.

Friday, October 5, 2007 2:54 PM

All replies

• Currently the only way to do this is using a text editor and a JScript debugger (for 1.0) and no way to do it with 1.1 yet (Moonlight might be an answer here eventually). I don't know the roadmap but I doubt that MS would invest in Mac-based dev tools but you never know.  THe tools coming out of the community can be quite good but Develop# is as close as it gets right now and it does not yet support Moonlight.

Friday, October 5, 2007 2:54 PM
  • Hi guys,

Please see the following blogs:

Developing Silverlight on Mac Cont.

Developing Silverlight on Mac Cont. 2

Thanks,

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:27 AM
  • You can make your request on eclipse4sl project: http://www.eclipse4sl.org/community/
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 2:35 PM
  • I haven't explored it much, but monodevelop now has moonlight project solutions.
    Monday, December 21, 2009 8:12 PM