The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP] Responsive Design and Unity game apps RRS feed

• Question

• Ok I have looked on the forum and tried to narrow my search and going to Unit forums are pointless but this may be a Microsoft thing also, I am build UWP apps and I thought they were responsive designed apps without the developer having to do that, am I wrong on that because my app is not responsive to the different device types, now keep in mind I am using the emulators for all my tablets which I have found to be accurate.

Any Help is appreciated.

traystudios@gmail.com

• Edited by Fred Bao Monday, November 30, 2015 6:02 AM add the tag
    Friday, November 27, 2015 3:38 PM

Answers

• UWP apps are NOT responsive for free. Unity Apps, from my understanding, use scaling via the camera to fit the 'canvas' to the device. In both cases you get support to make the app work for different devices, but you have to do a bit of work yourself.

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:20 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2015 6:57 PM
  • Hello AAllen12,

As pkr2000 says, UWP itself is not responsive by default, developers need to make it be a Responsive Design application, and for how to do it, you could follow this link:

Responsive design 101 for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 30, 2015 6:04 AM

All replies

• UWP apps are NOT responsive for free. Unity Apps, from my understanding, use scaling via the camera to fit the 'canvas' to the device. In both cases you get support to make the app work for different devices, but you have to do a bit of work yourself.

http://pauliom.wordpress.com

Friday, November 27, 2015 6:57 PM
  • Hello AAllen12,

As pkr2000 says, UWP itself is not responsive by default, developers need to make it be a Responsive Design application, and for how to do it, you could follow this link:

Responsive design 101 for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 30, 2015 6:04 AM