In Explorer drop dowl list is not visible for Entities, Hierarchies, Collection RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SQL Server 2012 MDS on Windows 8.1 Pro. The drop down list of entities, Hierarchies, and collections is not visible on explorer screen. When I hover over the Entity menu the drop down seems to appear but hiding behind the rest of the screen. Same issue with Hierarchy and Collections menu. To get to entities list I have to click on explorer menu and then the drop downs start showing up.

Saturday, July 5, 2014 2:42 PM

Answers

• Bhagunde, 

If you are using Internet Explorer: 

Go to the settings Menu (little gear icon in upper right) and select Compatibility View Settings and add the MDS server to the list of Websites you've added to Compatibility View:

Reeves

Denver, CO

Saturday, July 12, 2014 3:41 AM

All replies

• Bhagunde, 

If you are using Internet Explorer: 

Go to the settings Menu (little gear icon in upper right) and select Compatibility View Settings and add the MDS server to the list of Websites you've added to Compatibility View:

Reeves

Denver, CO

Saturday, July 12, 2014 3:41 AM
  • Hi Bhagunde,

Does the entities, Hierarchies and collections show correctly by using other browsers? Such as FireFox, Chorme and etc.

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:53 AM
  • It's funny that MS MDS does not work in MS IE 11. Putting IE 11 in Enterprise Mode for your MDS site is the workaround. In your IE 11 browser, go Alt-T and check Enterprise Mode.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:31 AM
  • Very nice solution! Thanks a lot.. it did work!

The Happy DBA

Thursday, July 7, 2016 6:52 PM