connection manager value passed through via sql server agent dilemma RRS feed

• Question

• hi all:

We have a sql server job which calls a ssis pkg. Connection string was passed via Data Sources table in the job step. 

Business asks us to use sql server login instead of windows authentication.  The challenge is that our IT Sec team does not

allow plain username and password to be put into the connection string. 

Is there any other way to solve this issue? 

thanks

Hui

--Currently using Reporting Service 2000; Visual Studio .NET 2003; Visual Source Safe SSIS 2008 SSAS 2008, SVN --

Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Hui,

Thanks for your post.

Per your description, you said that business asked you to use SQL authentication instead of windows authentication. From here, I feel confused. Why do you would like to achieve it by using SQL authentication?

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:26 AM
  • as you can see, below is the current settings for the connection manager and it is using windows authentication. 

if I use SQL login, I have to literally put username and password in plain text which is forbidden by IT Sec team. 

Any help? 

thx

--Currently using Reporting Service 2000; Visual Studio .NET 2003; Visual Source Safe SSIS 2008 SSAS 2008, SVN --

Friday, January 24, 2020 4:51 AM