Cloud Service - local in emulator and Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• User-1570457508 posted

Hi all,

I am able to create an MVC app and connect it to our Active Directory SSO account, but when I create a Cloud Service and run as service in emulator - my SSO wont work properly.

Is there a way to get this to work so I can use local storage etc in emulator but still login via SSO?

I found an article from a year ago this wasnt possible, but I was hoping a year later a few config settings can make it happen. 

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:03 PM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

My question is focused on Azure Cloud Services + the local host emulator. When I set as startup project just the MVC application in my cloud service it will connect via SSO, but when I start the Cloud Service in the emulator to take advantage of local storage for development etc - I am unable to connect.

Hi HaydenMcL,

Thanks for your back.

I know you can connect the Azure Active Directory when you start the project only the mvc application. That because

you registered the application in the azure AD tenant ok. When you start the project azure cloud service, however you cannot

access the azure AD, that because you have not registered your cloud service application in azure AD. You can register cloud

service application just like the mvc application you have done.

Best Regards,

Fuxiang

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:24 PM

All replies

• User-417640953 posted

Hi  HaydenMcL,

Thank you post the issue to asp.net forum.

Based on your description, I see you want your localhost application use the windows azure active directory to

authenticate your users locally. For this issue, I think you should register your application domain in the azure active directory

"Sign-ON URL" like "https://localhost:4434/" not the cloud application url, you can get it when you run your cloud application in azure emulator. Just Like below:

You can follow below article to complete your task.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn151790.aspx

Hope this helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

Monday, August 25, 2014 6:42 AM
  • User-1570457508 posted

Hi Fuxiang,

Thanks for your reply. I might not have been very clear. 

I have been able to successfully connect to Active Directory via SSO - exactly the same as the article you described - this is in a standard MVC application. 

My question is focused on Azure Cloud Services + the local host emulator. When I set as startup project just the MVC application in my cloud service it will connect via SSO, but when I start the Cloud Service in the emulator to take advantage of local storage for development etc - I am unable to connect. The site throws out to login as expected - but then the return to my application always fails.

Does anyone have a working example or article that connects to Active Directory with SSO whilst using Cloud Services Emulator?

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:30 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

My question is focused on Azure Cloud Services + the local host emulator. When I set as startup project just the MVC application in my cloud service it will connect via SSO, but when I start the Cloud Service in the emulator to take advantage of local storage for development etc - I am unable to connect.

Hi HaydenMcL,

Thanks for your back.

I know you can connect the Azure Active Directory when you start the project only the mvc application. That because

you registered the application in the azure AD tenant ok. When you start the project azure cloud service, however you cannot

access the azure AD, that because you have not registered your cloud service application in azure AD. You can register cloud

service application just like the mvc application you have done.

Best Regards,

Fuxiang

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:24 PM