none
How can we tell biztalk to login to SAP with different user profiles RRS feed

• Question

• We have a windows based application that sends order create requests to SAP using biztalk. Currently, all orders are created with our BIZTALK user ID. Can we cause biztalk to login as the person initiating the request from the windows app
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:11 PM

Answers

• In BizTalk orchestration, a logical port can be of type static/dynamic.

When a static port is used, the port config(uri, action, username, password etc..) have to be set in the BizTalk MMC.
    And if you use a dynamic port, you can specify them in your orchestration. This article will give you an idea how to set these properties.

Then your orchestration should have the logic for finding the appropriate sap user profile and setting the values.
    Does this satisfies your requirements? If not, can you elaborate on your scenario?

Thanks,
    Jeevitha
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:25 AM

All replies

• This is not possible using static ports.

You can do this using dynamic ports, if it suits your requirements.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:30 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

I am very new at biztalk. Can you give me a brief overview of how this would occur? I wonder how the password for the user profile will be handled.

Regards,

Scott
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:58 PM
  • In BizTalk orchestration, a logical port can be of type static/dynamic.

When a static port is used, the port config(uri, action, username, password etc..) have to be set in the BizTalk MMC.
    And if you use a dynamic port, you can specify them in your orchestration. This article will give you an idea how to set these properties.

Then your orchestration should have the logic for finding the appropriate sap user profile and setting the values.
    Does this satisfies your requirements? If not, can you elaborate on your scenario?

Thanks,
    Jeevitha
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:25 AM