none
WBF WinUsb Suspend is not OK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!

When I press the computer power button,System start send WINBIO_PURPOSE_IDENTIFY to identify User,My diriver into capture mode  thread .And  in 20 seconds ,I don not Touch finger sensor .System send OnCancel commad to cancel the capture mode  thread,and send usb suspend command to my finger device.

But after 30 seconds ,System start send WINBIO_PURPOSE_IDENTIFY to identify User, if no Touch finger sensor ,System send OnCancel commad to cancel the capture mode  thread,and send usb suspend command to my finger device. But this time I do not press the computer power button.

And my captureThread like this

void CaptureThread()
    {
    while(1)
    {
    if(getFIngerStatus()==1)
    {
    getFingerImage();
    CompletePendingRequest()
    return ;

}

}

}

My WBF driver .inf like this (no PPO):

=========================================================

[Biometric_Device_AddReg]
    HKR,,"DeviceCharacteristics",0x10001,0x0100     ; Use same security checks on relative opens
    HKR,,"Security",,"D:P(A;;GA;;;BA)(A;;GA;;;SY)"  ; Allow generic-all access to Built-in administrators and Local system
    HKR,,"LowerFilters",0x00010008,"WinUsb"         ; FLG_ADDREG_TYPE_MULTI_SZ | FLG_ADDREG_APPEND
    HKR,,"Exclusive",0x10001,1
    HKR,,"SystemWakeEnabled",0x00010001,0
    HKR,,"DeviceIdleEnabled",0x00010001,1
    HKR,,"UserSetDeviceIdleEnabled",0x00010001,1
    HKR,,"DefaultIdleState",0x00010001,1
    HKR,,"DefaultIdleTimeout",0x00010001,5000

=========================================================================

Hlep me Tks!

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:28 AM

All replies

• what specifically are you asking help for? preventing the suspend of the device? which driver is the function driver which is the PPO?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:30 PM
  • Tks!

PC will wake up  device automaticaly per30s after I press power button  to let PC enter sleep mode  .

Workflow like this:

My driver is no PPO and develop driver refer to

1.Windows Biometric Driver Samples (UMDF Version 1)      2.https://msdn.microsoft.com/zh-cn/library/windows/hardware/dn449738(v=vs.85).aspx

Friday, September 30, 2016 2:17 AM
  • capture a usb etw log trace and see what bus activity happens after 30s. this may tell you what is happening at the software level

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, September 30, 2016 6:02 PM