Approvals - not available in Logic Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Why Approvals is not in Logic Apps but only in Flow ?

It is included in Logic Apps connectors list.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:07 PM

All replies

• I think it is because these two are different products for different audiences. 

Approval is one of the strong points of FLOW and kind of a replacement of SharePoint workflow I guess.

Logic Apps is for more advanced integrations between Apps or systems so we definitely need a developer support for it whereas with Flow; we get a strong capability of the enterprise workflow where simple tasks can be executed without developers getting involved.

I think we can create a custom approval models in Logic Apps as well.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:14 PM
  • Hi Michal

ITGuy_BizTalkCSharpSQL is correct: The two products are different, and they address separate audience, different use-cases and scenarios:

"...Flow empowers any office worker to perform simple integrations (for example, an approval process on a SharePoint Document Library) without going through developers or IT. On the other hand, Logic Apps can enable advanced integrations (for example, B2B processes) where enterprise-level DevOps and security practices are required..." - Compare Flow, Logic Apps, Functions, and WebJobs

This, however, doesn't necessarily mean either one of these products is to lack certain features. You are always more than welcome to give us your feedback at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/287593-logic-apps  Should your submission for a specific feature gets upvoted by others, product team will certainly consider it for implementation and future roadmap. With that said, could you give us the URL for page where you saw the Approvals connector being listed as Logic Apps connector?

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:58 PM
  • On top of what Mike and ITGuy said, it is important to notice that although you don't have the Flow Approval action, you can still leverage Office 365 to do that, using the Send an Approval email action:

The main difference between those two as far I a remember is that while the Flow approval task cannot be delegate, this task can be delegated by forwarding the email - and of course there are pros and cons with this one. I have the impression that the timeout for this action is 30 days (similar to Flow, since this actions is also available there).

I hope this helps, Wagner.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:30 AM