none
Autodiscover service with multiple Exchange Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I've a requirement to send mails and book appointments through ASP.NET WebAPI using a web application. Exchange Web Service(EWS) API is used in WebAPI project code for Exchange Server integration. There are nearly 50,000 users and 80+ Exchange servers grouped into multiple DAGs spread across regions. I am planning to use Service account with Impersonation to send mails and book appointments on behalf of the logged in users. 

Autodiscover service is considered to get EWS url and to connect to corresponding Exchange server for a given user's email address. Looking for possible deployment options for web application and WebAPI components deployment to cover the user base spread across the regions.Will Autodiscover service work if the same user tries to book meetings from different offices spread across the regions?

Thanks,
    Raghav

Friday, September 22, 2017 6:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    I've a requirement to send mails and book appointments through ASP.NET WebAPI using a web application. Exchange Web Service(EWS) API is used in WebAPI project code for Exchange Server integration. There are nearly 50,000 users and 80+ Exchange servers grouped into multiple DAGs spread across regions. I am planning to use Service account with Impersonation to send mails and book appointments on behalf of the logged in users. 

Autodiscover service is considered to get EWS url and to connect to corresponding Exchange server for a given user's email address. Looking for possible deployment options for web application and WebAPI components deployment to cover the user base spread across the regions.Will Autodiscover service work if the same user tries to book meetings from different offices spread across the regions?

Thanks,
    Raghav

• Edited by raghavkr Friday, September 22, 2017 6:13 PM
    • Merged by Chenchen Li Monday, September 25, 2017 2:16 AM duplicated
    Friday, September 22, 2017 6:13 PM
  • I am not sure what you mean by "the same user tries to book meetings from different offices spread across the regions".  The user still has only one mailbox, right? In that case autodiscover will work just fine.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Saturday, September 23, 2017 1:50 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. User has only one mailbox set up on one of the Exchange servers. Is it possible to discover EWS URL/ mailbox server for all the users using a service account with impersonation permissions where users and Exchange servers are spread across the regions?

I am not sure how SCPs are configured in AD and how Auto discovery works if some of the users are in different domains. Is it required to have all the users in the same domain if Auto discovery has to work for all the users?

Looking for possible deployment options for web application and WebAPI components deployment to cover the user base spread across the regions. Any pointers on the deployment options?

Thanks,

Raghav

Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:53 PM
  • If the domains have trust relationship, you should be fine.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

• Marked as answer by raghavkr Sunday, October 8, 2017 2:27 AM
    Sunday, September 24, 2017 2:38 AM