I am new to programming but I have a good idea for a win8 game app

General discussion

• It appears that there is so much a person needs to know in order to create a windows store game app. I have a great idea for a game that I would like to sell on the windows store but I am not sure where to start. I don't have 24 /7 to sit down and teach myself but I hope somebody out there can give me a 101 on the steps I need to take to make this a reality.

Thanks for your feedback!

Carmine

Carmine Loschiavo

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:51 PM

All replies

• You start here: Getting started with Windows Store apps and start making a few key technology decisions, like what kind of app do I want to write and which language is right for me.

Based on the forum you are posting in, you already seem to have chosen DirectX and C++.  So you should have found your way here by now: Roadmap for Windows Store apps using DirectX and C++.  Which, in my opinion, is one of the best roadmap / 101 / getting started sites Microsoft has ever offered.

If you have worked your way through that roadmap, and completed the tutorials, but haven't found what you need yet, then you are past 101 and need to ask more specific questions.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:44 PM