none
SMTP logs in the BizTalk server RRS feed

• Question

• Customers are receiving false email notifications from BizTalk but BizTalk is not sending and also design not allows send already completed process.

As per SMTP team the request came from BizTalk but no application logs.

Tracking says no email send during that time, looks like exchange server is sending old emails to customers.

Is there any way find logs which send to SMTP in the BizTalk like IIS logs?

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:24 AM

All replies

• From within BizTalk other then the send port invocations through HAT I don't think you can get anything.

If you really want to isolate the issue, I'd recommend setting up a SMTP (Windows SMTP) server where you enable this logging, change your process to send mail to this SMTP which you then forward to Exchange. This way you can correlate between the SMTP send from within BizTalk to the SMTP log on the SMTP server and with whatever the end-recipient is showing.

Regards.

Monday, April 10, 2017 5:37 AM
  • Hi Kapil,

It is not possible without a logging strategy. What you can do is use feature like BAM to track the request response port events so that you can get the idea when the port instance was initiated. That will help you determine if the smtp port was used to send message from biztalk. Also you will not be able to get the smtp entries in the IIS logs.

PS: If the tracking says that there was no email sent then you should believe on the tracking records.

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, April 10, 2017 6:21 AM
  • SMTP server has logging. Please check with your network team and get hold of the log files and investigate.

If Send has not triggered there is no way BT will send the email.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:56 AM
    Answerer
  • For clarity, Tracking is the "SMTP log" in BizTalk Server because it is the log for all operations.

So, if there is no tracking information for that instance, then BizTalk did not send the Message.  To prove this, you would have to show that it did track a recent valid message.

Monday, April 10, 2017 3:56 PM
  • Hi Kapil,

I think you can do this in simple step .

Create a static send port and put a filter condition same as your SMTP send port subscription(get it from BizTalk Admin console) .This way you will always get a duplicate  message whenever message is send the SMTP Server . It will hardly takes your 5 min to setup this configuration .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:13 AM
  • Hi Kapil,

You can try below two ways :

1) if your client is getting email frequently then you can disable the respective send port and see whether your client is getting any email or not. If send port disable is not possible then you can stop the corresponding send port (only stop not unlist) by doing this way your message(correct one and incorrect one both) will have with you and and you will get some suspended instances saying the send port is disabled , by seeing the number of suspended message you can easily verify that emails are coming from your biztalk application or not.  

2) create a static send port and put filter based on your SMTP send port name , by doing this you will get a duplicate message each time when ever biztalk will send any email , so here you can also track the numbers and time when biztalk sent the emails.

Regards

Abhay Giri

Mark this reply as answered or vote if this help you.

Monday, April 17, 2017 11:22 AM