Azure StorageV2 Premium vs Standard Getting the correct meterID's for un-managed disks ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been creating scripts to pull data from the cardrate API and build my own cost tables. Useful for understanding costs.

I am trying to find the cost for a storage account created as Premium, LRS, StorageV2 that would be charged when creating unmanaged disks. 

Looking at the filtered card rate data to show only *LRS*, I can see the pricing for the "Standard Page Blob v2"

1e126408-89ba-45e1-b363-ce825b3233c4 LRS Data Stored@{0=0.0691200}.

is the Premium cost just an addition of "Standard Page Blob v2" + "Hot LRS Data Stored"

so @{0=0.0691200} + @{0=0.025600} ?

The question I have is how do the limitation described here  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/storage/page-blobs/, apply only the VM using StorageAccounts V1  or also V2 ?   Meaning that the rates below for  "Premium Page Blob" Apply to the VM unmanged disk based on the size of the disk size

I know one answer to my questions is to create VMs with the different disk and just look at the meterID used in billing data.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the support offer, but I was able to figure this. 

This morning used the Get-AzConsumptionUsageDetail -InstanceId xxxxxxx to the details on the consumption of the two test VM's I created.

Machine with a  vhd file on the premium account shows up with a "Premium Page Blog - P10 - Disk - CA Central".  

Which means that is does not matter if this a StorageAccount V1 or V2 costs charged as per the " Premium page blob size.  

Now the strange part  is the VM only has 64 GB disk so I expected it should have fallen in the P6 band.

So I have to create another vm with a 63 GB disk to see it then falls in P6 or if other rules are are play. Ok it appears that "We also support three additional page blob types that require you to deploy with Blob Tier set explicitly." vm To have access to the P4 , P6, P15 tiers

Back to my original question, the Machine I build using the standard storage account show up as this : 

Now what I just realized, when using unmanaged disks, the costs are charged too the storage account, there does not seem be any obvious way to determine which VM is determined by the individual transactions reported by Get-AzConsumptionUsageDetail.  With managed disks it easy to group all VM resource together to get a unified cost. 

Friday, April 5, 2019 2:43 PM

All replies

• To understand the issue better, We would like to work closer with you on this matter, so If you have a support plan, I request you file a support ticket, else please do let us know, we will try and help you get a one-time free technical support. In this case, could you send an email to AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com referencing this thread. Please mention "ATTN subm" in the subject field. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and look forward to your reply.

Friday, April 5, 2019 5:02 AM
  • Thanks for the support offer, but I was able to figure this. 

This morning used the Get-AzConsumptionUsageDetail -InstanceId xxxxxxx to the details on the consumption of the two test VM's I created.

Machine with a  vhd file on the premium account shows up with a "Premium Page Blog - P10 - Disk - CA Central".  

Which means that is does not matter if this a StorageAccount V1 or V2 costs charged as per the " Premium page blob size.  

Now the strange part  is the VM only has 64 GB disk so I expected it should have fallen in the P6 band.

So I have to create another vm with a 63 GB disk to see it then falls in P6 or if other rules are are play. Ok it appears that "We also support three additional page blob types that require you to deploy with Blob Tier set explicitly." vm To have access to the P4 , P6, P15 tiers

Back to my original question, the Machine I build using the standard storage account show up as this : 

Now what I just realized, when using unmanaged disks, the costs are charged too the storage account, there does not seem be any obvious way to determine which VM is determined by the individual transactions reported by Get-AzConsumptionUsageDetail.  With managed disks it easy to group all VM resource together to get a unified cost. 

Friday, April 5, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Glad to hear that issue got fixed. Appreciate for sharing the steps which helped you, this would certainly benefit other community members

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:10 AM