Why IoT Hub stopped to receive message: Unauthorized Exception RRS feed

• Question

• I have one physical hardware device which has been sending messages to Azure IoT Hub. Suddenly IoT Hub stopped receiving messages. So I tried to investigate if error occurs in in device or in Azure.

So I copied device connection string from Azure Portal and used that in C# simulator. Please see error attached.

Next I create a new device in Azure Portal and used new conn string in C# simulator. Azure IoT Hub is receiving message correctly.

What could be wrong with my original connection? We have real physical hardware device in game thus we must be sure that data ingestion is working reliably.

Kenny_I

Monday, December 2, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Kenny I'm sorry you are facing this issue. Which authentication mechanism are you using? What happens if you regenerate keys from the portal?

Can you please file a support request @ https://aka.ms/azsupt? If you do not have access to a support plan, please reach out @ AZCommunity@microsoft.com with a link to this Doc/Issue as well as your subscription ID and we can help get the support ticket opened for this issue.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 12:42 AM
  • @Kenny_I

Have you created a support request? Are you able to resolve this issue? 

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 3:44 PM