none
All day event checkbox is not getting selected in outlook web access. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the EWS managed API 1.1 to create appointments in Exchange server 2010. When I create an appointment (all day) from the code (from WCF services) the All-day check box is not getting checked in outlook web access and outlook 2010. But when I create an appointment from Windows application the all day event checkbox is getting checked in outlook web access and outlook.

Could anyone tell me what is happening.

Regards,

Hareen.

Hareen
    Friday, April 22, 2011 3:08 PM

All replies

• AllDay events are only valid in that timezone where they are set eg what the timezone the code that is creating the appointment is using if your not sure you can enable tracing in your code and have a look at the creation request that is being sent to the server which will include the timezone information. If the client that is viewing the appointment is using another timezone it wont appear as an all day appointment. You might also want to try using a Mapi editor like MFCMapi or OutlookSpy and have a look at the mapi properties that are being set and what Start and End times are being set the start and end time for an all day events should be 12 +- you GMT offset.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:19 AM