Blend not present in VS 2013 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2013 Professional and Windows 8.1. Blend is not present. The access methods (menu options) explained in Getting started with Blend for Visual Studio 2013 doesn't exist. I have tried to add Blend using Add/Remove in Control Panel, and Blend is certainly an option, but it doesn't show up in the IDE. I have the same situation on two machines. According to several sources, for example, Microsofts own comparing of VS versions, Blend should be available in VS Pro.

Please advice. Thanks.

A former Javaman

Monday, March 17, 2014 9:53 AM

Answers

• Can you launch it from the start menu? The project context menu items to open in Blend are only on some project types, but I don't know exactly which ones. If you can launch it from the start menu, you can verify it is installed, and you can open it that way to open your projects.
    • Marked as answer by magja Monday, March 17, 2014 2:39 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 1:59 PM

All replies

• Can you launch it from the start menu? The project context menu items to open in Blend are only on some project types, but I don't know exactly which ones. If you can launch it from the start menu, you can verify it is installed, and you can open it that way to open your projects.
    • Marked as answer by magja Monday, March 17, 2014 2:39 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 1:59 PM
  • Thanks! :-)

A former Javaman

Monday, March 17, 2014 2:38 PM