none
installation problem of microsoft visual studio 2005 setup in windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• during installation of Microsoft visual studio 2005 set up in windows 8.1 an error occurred showing an error code 0x800f0906 ,  and telling to download .net framework  2.0 and 3.5 , how to solve this problem

please help

• Edited by rajni priya Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:33 AM
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi rajni priya,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>Error code 0x800F0906

This error code occurs because the computer cannot download the required files from Windows Update.

This behavior can be caused by network, proxy, or firewall configurations or by network, proxy, or firewall failures. To fix this problem, try to connect to the Microsoft Update website.

Check all your updates and patches to make them to the newest.

For this issue, .NET Framework 2.0 is included in 3.5.  please refer here to install the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8.1

There are two ways:

Last but not the least, please refer Visual Studio 2005 life cycle, , since the VS 2005 is out of your last support date, I suggest you download and install the VS 2015 RTM version, it will provide you a much sufficient function for program development

If you have any other question about installing VS, please feel free to let me know, I'm willing to help you solve the problem.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hi rajni priya,

Is there any update about this issue?

Have you installed the VS 2005 successfully?

If the issue still persists, please feel free to let us know, we are willing to help you solve this.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:38 AM