update VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• update VS 2015

1-update your VS 2013 SP5
    2-save project

3-update the extensions

You can try change the manifest file (see below steps). This can't guarantee that the extension will work properly, I changed some of extensions I use and it works for me.
    a). Rename the .VSIX extension to .ZIP
    b). Extract the contents of the archive and open the .vsixmanifest contained inside with a text editor like notepad
    c). Locate the <SupportedProducts> XML element and add version 14.0. i.e:
       <SupportedProducts>
         <VisualStudio Version="13.0">
           <Edition>VSLS</Edition>
         </VisualStudio>
         <VisualStudio Version="14.0">
           <Edition>VSLS</Edition>
         </VisualStudio>
       </SupportedProducts>
    d). Save the .vsixmanifest, zip up the contents again, and rename the archive with the .vsix extension

4-Install extensions
    e). Double-click the VSIX to install
    5-Clean BIN / DATA folder
    6-open the project in VS 2015

7-BUILD AND GO !!!

it's working.

but we still need news on the future of LS

I'm working with LS 4 years and have developed many projects. must continue

I think we need an update to ASP.NET MVC.

the ASP.NET MVC this great, but the LS is a very complete and easy to use tool. with validation fields and creating very friendly screens not developers, creating a powerful tool for experienced developers like me. I need worry only with specific details and not with any design.

help us to follow MS.

tks

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:13 AM

Answers

• Hi bascode,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have problem with update VS2015.
    Thanks for your suggestion about update to ASP.NET MVC. I will report your suggestion to MS and help you to follow. You also can post your detailed requirement of ASP.NET MVC on Visual Studio User Voice Forum.
    https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, August 17, 2015 2:32 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi bascode,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have problem with update VS2015.
    Thanks for your suggestion about update to ASP.NET MVC. I will report your suggestion to MS and help you to follow. You also can post your detailed requirement of ASP.NET MVC on Visual Studio User Voice Forum.
    https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, August 17, 2015 2:32 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 6:26 AM
  • Hi, bascode!

I had endless build after converted my LS project from VS 2013 to 2015. Build cancellation reported "The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000000A)". Clean and Rebuild did not help.

But after I've done step 5 Clean BIN(s) (not DATA) folder project opened in VS 2015 was build successfully!

Many Many TNХ!

Kind regards,
    Sergey

Thursday, September 3, 2015 11:37 AM