Need Total Count of Test Cases RRS feed

• Question

• Hi --

I've set up a solution which holds nothing but a bunch of manual test cases for a product we are shipping. I can execute the test, record results, publish them to a build, etc. I have defined a couple of custom reports, and also use the built-in Quality Indicators report. However, I can't find anyway to get the report to list the total number of test cases that are in the system. This is important for assessing the overall quality of a build.

For example, suppose that I have 500 manual test cases defined. For a particular build, 10 of them are run and all passed. If I look at the Quality Indicators report, I see that 10 tests have passed, but I have no idea that there are 490 tests that never got executed.

Is there an easy way to modify the Quality Indicators report to show this information?

BTW - I defined some reports myself and was not able to find anything that appeared to provide this capability.

Thanks!

Terry.

Monday, August 28, 2006 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Terry,

Today, TFS does not have the concept of "test case"; everything works based on "test results". So, if you don't have a test result, you will not have it in the reports. We understand that the scenario you are talking about is an important one, and we are working to address it in future versions of the product, but for now, we just don't support it.

Thanks,
    David Gorena Elizondo
    [MSFT] VSTS

Monday, August 28, 2006 9:48 PM