Hebrew issues.... RRS feed

• Question

• User-89698863 posted

This problem seems to have come out of nowhere. I run a site that has an automatic mail system and a few mailto links. Up till now they've worked fine. Lately, however, they've decided to send the Hebrew messages as gibberish(anything on our .NET server. We have a seperate Sharepoint server whose links work fine). As though the font wasn't installed or wasn't working.... yet the .NET server runs Hebrew fonts just fine, otherwise(and the mail server sends Hebrew messages, no problem). I thought it might be the recently installed .NET 2.0 framework, yet it's uninstalling didn't help. Or maybe an accidental installing of Sharepoint 2003 on it that wasn't completely removed(is that any sort of known issue?).

Help! Please?

Tuesday, April 4, 2006 4:37 AM

All replies

• User-527054664 posted

Is the automatic mail system a ASP.NET application?  If so, it might be that the automailer application is sharing process space with an unfriendly application.  You might try creating a new application pool in IIS6 and assigning your web application to it.

In IIS6, Right-Click on Application Pools and click "Add New"  Give it a name and base it on the default one.  Click ok.  Now in the web sites, right-click on your application and click properties.  At the bottom of the first tab that comes up, assign the application pool you just created to your application.

Try that and see if it helps.  After that, you've got me stumped.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:42 PM