none
How to set the maximum number of sectors per read/write transaction for block storage device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to increase the data transmission speed for SD card by changing the value of the registry key "BlockTransferSize".  But I found the number of sectors per read/write transaction is also limited by WinCE FATFS. Because the value of (PSG_REQ)pSG->sr_num_sec can only increase to 128 at most, although the value of "BlockTransferSize" have become bigger than 128 (e.g. 256).

It seems that the maximum number of sectors that are transferred by the storage device at one time is 128 sectors in WinCE7 FATFS.

I found CETK can change the value during Storage Device Block Driver API Test in MSDN.

tux -o -d disktest -c "-zorch [-disk DSKX:] [-profile <profile>] [-oldioctls] [-sectors <count>] [-store]"

-sectors <count>

Sets the maximum number of sectors per read/write transaction. The default value is 128 sectors.

But I can not find how CETK implement it.

Is it implemented by changing a registry setting, or calling Block Driver IOCTLs?

Thanks a lot.

Friday, April 26, 2013 8:30 AM