Biztalk not resumable instances. RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing a lot of "NON RESUMABLE"(zombies) instances in biz talk admin console. Once the issue used to come i used to intimate the source application to resend the all suspended instances(i used to provide all the message details).

Can you please suggest me to minimize the number of zombies/ zombies occurrence? or if you have any better idea to handle /control zombies.please suggest that also.

Monday, August 25, 2014 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please check what Error Information is getting logged into the non-resumable suspended instances ? Also, how are you processing the messages once you receive them from receive port ?

There is a very good article at below link by Leonid (Thanks Leonid) which explains the Zombies:

http://geekswithblogs.net/LeonidGaneline/archive/2011/02/05/biztalk-instance-subscription-details.aspx

HTH,

Sumit

Sumit Verma - MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 - Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 1, 2014 2:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:01 AM
    Monday, August 25, 2014 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please check what Error Information is getting logged into the non-resumable suspended instances ? Also, how are you processing the messages once you receive them from receive port ?

There is a very good article at below link by Leonid (Thanks Leonid) which explains the Zombies:

http://geekswithblogs.net/LeonidGaneline/archive/2011/02/05/biztalk-instance-subscription-details.aspx

HTH,

Sumit

Sumit Verma - MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 - Please indicate "Mark as Answer" or "Mark as Helpful" if this post has answered the question

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 1, 2014 2:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:01 AM
    Monday, August 25, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Well why are soo many Zombies being generated in the first place? There are a lot of ways (none of which should make it into production, IMHO) through which zombies could get generated.

Unless some one gets into the nitty-gritties of the logic of the process, design pattern used it would not possible to offer an corrective action.

Regards.

Monday, August 25, 2014 9:53 AM
  • Non resumable instances are not necessarily zombies. They might be, but they could also be:

- Instances for debugging purposes (typically after a "no subscribers found" error)

- Instances failed at receive time when using an Isolated Host.

- And yes...Zombies.

So what is the error description on your non resumable instances?

Morten la Cour

Monday, August 25, 2014 10:49 AM