What JavaScript libraries have...

Answers

All replies

• Hi David,

there are professional Control Libraries for Windows Store JavaScript Apps from Infragistics and Telerik. However I doubt that they will have all your requested features. 

My guess is that there probably won't be a library that delivers all the controls you need. The reason is that your UI sounds to be very busy, but the design approach of Windows Tore Apps is slightly different than the approach of WinForms apps. Windows 8 Apps have a simpler UI compared to Windows Forms Apps. So the process of migrating a Windows Forms Apps to Windows 8 includes a lot of "rethinking" and "re-imagine" the UI.

I read a great book on that topic from Brent Schooley called Designing for Windows 8. I can highly recommend this book as a starting point to get more familiar with the design philosophy of Windows 8.

I hope that helps.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

Since you are using HTML/JS you could implement (for those controls that are not covered by a library you choose to buy, if you do) jQuery plugins.

Recently jQuery 2.0 was released, it's a much lighter version and according to the Windowsappdev blog, compatible with W8 Store Apps (which was not the case with jQuery 1.9).

The only requisite would be for the plugin to work on jQuery 2.0 I assume, other than that, there is a wide variety of plugins, from free to comercial licensed, depending on what exactly are you requiring.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 2:14 PM
  • I've found two that look like they might have everything - Sencha and dojo.

Who will win The Windward International Collegiate Programming Championships?

• Marked as answer by DavidThi808 Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 12:50 PM