none
Easy Transfer Problem RRS feed

• Question

• After 10 years of using XP-Pro microsoft tells me it's not genuine! So purchased Win7 Home Premium, could no longer download and install updates, etc, so had to use File Transfer avail in XP.  Transferred settings and files to external drive, system said it was successful!  Now trying to transfer to new OS (win7) from external drive, the only folder on the drive is USMT2.UNC which is approx. 6.4 gigs; keep getting error: "No items match your search"=win7 or "folder does not contain required files"= XP program. At any rate in both versions I can't open the folder and access the data.  Does Win 7 use a different name for the folder that I can rename my existing folder to?? I do have the windows.old file still on my "C" drive, should I give up and just copy & paste my data into the appropriate folders??  Really need those existing files, had wanted the settings because my wireless internet connection won't stay (no matter what I do) and thought the old settings might help with that.  Need some suggestions PLEASE>
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:44 PM

Answers