Blazor Webassembly vs Blazor Server for different functionalities. RRS feed

• Question

• User469475863 posted

Say I want to re-write a website that has different components in their own separate Blazor apps/projects (but it will flow like one application to the user). Which would be best to go with (WASM or server) for these different functionalities and why?

1. A candidate type website for students wishing to submit their resumes and communicate with the company (candidate.Samewebsite.com).

2. a recruiter site for employees in the field entering initial records about students (recruiter.Samewebsite.com).

3. a site that holds data for the CEO to be able to check-in real-time throughout the day (risk.sameWebsite.com)

An example of what I'm looking for is: says I had a part of the website where users who are using the product will be in rural areas with sketchy internet, I would think of going with WASM to reduce server dependency.  

With this in mind, if I were to choose a path to go with, would it be very difficult to change my mind and make one of the other options? Or is it a complete re-write wit a lot of copying and pasting?

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 5:35 PM

All replies