none
Modifying the Custom msterpage from HTML5 to remove the SharePoint Suitebar RRS feed

• Question

• I created a masterpage from a HTML page.

but when I connect the new masterpage to a SharePoint page the  Suitebar  is there.  I don't really need the Suitebar at all.

I would rather have it look like the image below. the red and black banner in the Suitebar area centered. Since I can not modify the masterpage as it was created from a HTML file, how can I get rid of the SharePoint and the Suitebar  and have the banner in its place?

• Edited by cowboy2066 Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:17 PM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:16 PM

All replies

• Can you use CSS to achieve this?

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:21 AM
  • Hi,

If you don't want to use the suitebar, we can hide it using CSS style, add the following style into <head/> tag in your HTML master page.

<style>
    #suiteBar{
    	display:none !important;
    }
    </style>

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Dennis

the problem is I want that smaller grey bar with the red to be in the middle at the top of the SharePoint masterpage. this also replaces to Suitebar right items also. I just want to have that bar at the top of the page

if I hide suitebar then I will not be able to see the new grey/red bar I need at the top.

I tried CSS and JS  and nothing so far is working the way I need it to.

This is what I tried it didn't do anything:
    #suiteBar
    {
    background: url(SiteAssets/Banner.jpg);
    }

Ok, I solved this issue, with a little bit of magic and css... LOL

#suiteBarLeft{
    background: url(/SiteAssets/Banner.jpg);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-position;
    }

Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 10, 2017 10:16 AM