none
Stopping container on Windows Server 2016 Core with Containers Tech Preview 5 randomly freezes docker daemon and server need reboot RRS feed

• Question

• I'm playing with containers on the Windows Server 2016 Core with Containers Tech Preview 5 build in azure, but sometimes when i tear down a container the docker daemon freezes completely. 

When this happens, the following issues occur:

The docker agent does not get any more responses from the docker daemon.
    Restarting the docker service does not stop the dockerd process
    Killing / stop-process -force the dockerd does not work - process still alive
    Restart-computer -force does not completely restart the OS and a restart of the vm from the portal is necessary to restore the service.

• Moved by Loydon Mendonca Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:51 AM Windows Containiers issue
    Friday, August 19, 2016 11:55 AM

All replies

• I've seen someone on twitter complain about this same thing, I think its a bug, but I'm not sure.

The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.

Friday, August 19, 2016 5:11 PM
  • See my question here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5af66ae-36a2-4a8e-8cb2-e0d7447f75da/docker-ps-hangs-cannot-stop-docker-service-server-hangs-on-restart?forum=windowscontainers

I'm sure it's the same thing you're seeing. My case is consistently reproducible.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:55 PM
  • Yes, exactly the same issue. Thanks, and sorry for the double posting.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:59 PM
  • Can you share some more info on the specific image and docker versions are? I suspect that moving to a newer Docker version (v1.12 final or v1.13) may help since there have been a lot of bugfixes since TP5 went out.

- docker version

- docker images

- wmic qfe

Thanks!
    Patrick

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:54 PM