none
Someone must have a solution for RRS feed

• Question

• The encrypted value for the "LogonCred" configuration setting cannot be decrypted. (rsFailedToDecryptConfigInformation) (Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics)

Please: a step by step solution.

Monday, February 12, 2007 10:02 PM

Answers

• Try this.

1. Open your Reporting Services Configuration (go to Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> Reporting Services Configuration)
    2. Connect to your report server with the issue
    3. Navigate to the Database Setup tab (on the left navigation pane, 6th from the top)
    4. In the 'Credentials' area, ensure that the account you use has priviledges on the SQL Server
    5. You might try to retype the account and password
    6. Hit Apply

Hope this helps.

Jarret

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:04 PM

All replies

• Try this.

1. Open your Reporting Services Configuration (go to Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -> Configuration Tools -> Reporting Services Configuration)
    2. Connect to your report server with the issue
    3. Navigate to the Database Setup tab (on the left navigation pane, 6th from the top)
    4. In the 'Credentials' area, ensure that the account you use has priviledges on the SQL Server
    5. You might try to retype the account and password
    6. Hit Apply

Hope this helps.

Jarret

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 2:04 PM
  • Any reason why it forget the password which entered previously? I have a working setup running since long time and there is no password change as well. All of sudden it stopped working but re-entering the credentials fixed the issue.

Thanks,
    Sitaram
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:12 AM
  • Is it possible that the machine account's password was reset?  The credentials are stored encrypted with the machine account for the RS box, so that if you can run a process on the machine you can decrypt them, but if you copy the file to another machine, you cannot.  If the machine account password were to be reset, you'd stop being able to decrypt the information. 

Hope that helps,
    -Lukasz
    Got a bug or feature request? Tell me about it at http://connect.microsoft.com. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Makes some sence to me.
    Thanks, Sitaram www.sitaram-pamarthi.com
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:27 PM
  • It works for me, thank you!
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:39 AM