none
Flat file hangs in BizTalk but not in Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very complex flat file schema along with a fairly simple xslt map.  When testing the schema in Visual Studio, everything seems to work correctly.  The schema validates successfully, the instance of the flat file validates successfully and produced the correct xml.  The map validates successfully and the map successfully transforms the flat file.  

When I deploy the schema to the test BizTalk 2013 server and then drop the same flat file into the pickup folder, BizTalk hangs.  It seems unable to get past the disassembly of the file.  I cannot even delete the file without first stopping the host instance.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?  Are there any ways to debug it and find out what could be causing the issue?

Again, it only hangs in BizTalk.  Everything works as I expect in Visual Studio.

Thanks for any clues.

Chris

Friday, April 29, 2016 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

For this issue, you could also consider using Fiddler, it captures HTTP(S) traffic and logs it for the user to review. It can also be used to "fiddle" with HTTP traffic as it is being sent. By default, traffic from Microsoft's WinINET HTTP(S) stack is automatically directed to the proxy at runtime, but any browser or application (and most mobile devices) can be configured to route its traffic through Fiddler.

Perhaps it will give some hints why this happens.

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:01 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by 'hang'?

Is it a large file?  Are you debatching?

That the file is still locked is perfectly normal.

Friday, April 29, 2016 8:25 PM
  • What I mean is that it never finishes processing it.  The file is locked as you mentioned but the message never makes to the message box.  It's as if the disassembly stage is in an infinite loop.  

The file is not overly large, about 16K in size (400 lines).  The file is not being debatched.

As I said, in Visual Studio, it validates almost instantly, so I am stumped as to what may be different.

Monday, May 2, 2016 1:17 PM
  • Hi Chris,

For this issue, you could also consider using Fiddler, it captures HTTP(S) traffic and logs it for the user to review. It can also be used to "fiddle" with HTTP traffic as it is being sent. By default, traffic from Microsoft's WinINET HTTP(S) stack is automatically directed to the proxy at runtime, but any browser or application (and most mobile devices) can be configured to route its traffic through Fiddler.

Perhaps it will give some hints why this happens.

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 3:01 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Any errors in the eventlog?

Best regards

Rasmus Jaeger

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:32 PM