How to limit Contact selector for only one entry? RRS feed

• Question

• How to limit Contact selector for only one entry?

Any hepl would be greatly appreceiated

Regards

Harish
    • Moved by Clayton Cobb Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:17 AM 2007 question (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using SharePoint Designer, Infopath, and other customization)
    Monday, August 15, 2011 4:54 AM

Answers

• You didn't specify, but I'm assuming this question is for InfoPath.  In the control properties, you have the option of allowing multiple or allowing only one just like you do in SharePoint.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Hitchs Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:48 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:06 AM
  • Are you working in IP 2007? Because in IP 2010 the option I suggested are the ones that come up as default as you'd see in this picture:

Learning with everyone
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:54 PM

All replies

• You didn't specify, but I'm assuming this question is for InfoPath.  In the control properties, you have the option of allowing multiple or allowing only one just like you do in SharePoint.
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:06 AM
  • I'm sorry and yea I'm talking about Infopath only.

Well, I couldn't see any option like allowing multiple or aloowing only one in control properties of that people/group picker property. I can see only four tabs(Data, General,Size, Advanced). Could you explain Indetail where it is located and it is Sarepoint Infopath 2010.

Regards

Harish
    Monday, August 15, 2011 4:37 PM
  • Hello Harish

When you right click the people picker control, go to the General Tab. On the very first part of General Properties, there is a Check box to marl/unmark for allowing users to make multiple selections. If you want your users to have only one selection available, unmark this check box.

This should restrict the control to only one entry. (This check box should have been defaulted to single entry though)

Learning with everyone
    Monday, August 15, 2011 4:51 PM
  • This is what I got in general properties

Could you please look at this.

Harish
    Monday, August 15, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Are you working in IP 2007? Because in IP 2010 the option I suggested are the ones that come up as default as you'd see in this picture:

Learning with everyone
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:54 PM
  • I'm using IP 2010, but the template I'm developing is for MOSS 2007 using Blank Template 2007. Is there any other way to find this for this kind of template?

Regards

Harish
    Monday, August 15, 2011 5:58 PM
  • Then you're in the wrong forum.  You're building a 2007 form in SharePoint 2007, but this is the 2010 forum, so we answered in terms of 2010.

2007 forms do not have any option like this, so you have to build your own validation.

limiting the number of names in the contact selector

I will move your thread now.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:13 AM