none
The trust relationship between this workstation and domain primary failed RRS feed

• Question

• the message is my problrm.
     the trust releationship between this workstation and domain primery faile.

i have active directory on the windows server 2008 with 20 client.a client has a windows 7 joined to my domain.
    when i want login to domain from windows 7 i can't and i saw this message.
        <the trust releationship between this workstation and domain primery faile>
    please help me.i realy need a help my frainds...

• Edited by David M Morton Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:38 PM spelling
    • Moved by Jing0 Monday, March 1, 2010 8:41 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:10 AM

All replies

• I've seen this when the computer's machine account gets out of synch with the domain controller. Here's a blog post about fixing it.

Good luck.

-Scosby
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:44 PM
  • Log on locally as a local administrator. In the Network tool of Control Panel, select Change and enter a Workgroup name, leaving the domain. Restart the computer and log on locally as a local administrator.

There are two methods to rejoin the domain:
    • You can join the domain from the client if at the same time you can provide an administrator username and password on the domain.

-or-
    • You can delete the existing computer account in Server Manager, recreate the computer account, synchronize the domain, and then on the client rejoin the domain.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162797

Adam

Dibble and dabble but please don't babble.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:30 PM
  • hi adam.thanks fo answer.
    that is right.but i have'nt password administrator for login locali..what do you recommend for me..
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Hello,

If you don't have the password for the administrator account, I can't recommend hacking approaches.

You will need the admin password.

Adam
    Dibble and dabble but please don't babble.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry. This forum is used for discussing windows forms development. This question is off-topic here.

I think Scosby and Adam give your some useful information. Don’t forget to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 1, 2010 8:40 AM